Let me begin by saying that no matter how beautiful your product may be, it won’t sell well unless it ranks at the top of the Amazon search results.
Amazon A10 Algorithm is very similar to Google’s. Both are designed to display the most relevant search results first. It doesn’t matter if it is your website or your product; it has to rank high for greater visibility. Google’s second search result page is the best place for hiding a body, to quote an old joke. Why? Because nobody ever goes there!
Amazon customers are just like Google users. They don’t have time to read through 10 pages, and 70% never go beyond the first page.
We will dive into Amazon’s most secret ranking algorithm. This article highlights critical developments and summarizes the A10 Algorithm’s key components.
Let’s get started.
What is the Amazon Search Algorithm?
Let’s look at a search engine’s anatomy and functions. Amazon Search algorithms are a complex set of ranking factors that determine the relevancy and quality of Content for a specific search query. Algorithms are continually evolving to ensure the best search results.
Despite their structural similarities, there are essential differences between Amazon’s and Google’s search engines. Amazon, unlike Google, is focused on shopping and research. Amazon, on the other hand, prioritizes conversions over speed and topical authority when evaluating websites.
Amazon A10 Algorithm determines the rank of your product by analyzing your product listings and matching them to online shoppers’ search queries. Then, the relevant products are placed on the first-page search results.
Your top priority should be optimizing your product listings for Amazon’s ranking algorithm in the face of increasing Amazon customer loyalty. How does the Amazon algorithm work? Let’s look at its vital working principles.
How does Amazon’s Product Ranking work?
There is no way to know exactly how Amazon’s Algorithm targets customers’ queries, just as there isn’t any science that can describe how an online shopper searches for a product. Your journey to the top of Amazon’s search results can be affected by everything, from keyword relevancy to sales velocity to product availability to fulfillment methods.
The search algorithm is always evolving and maturing. The search algorithm is constantly changing and maturing. Online sellers need to be able to adapt to Amazon’s ever-changing eCommerce trends.
But first things first, what is the Amazon A10 update, and what makes it different from the A9 algorithm?
What is the A9 Algorithm, and how does it work?
Amazon A9 is the official title of Amazon’s search algorithm. It evaluates product detail pages on Amazon based upon two primary ranking factors: relevancy and performance.
Keyword relevancy refers to choosing search terms that will match the queries of online shoppers. Optimizing your product detail pages, ensure you include the most relevant and attractive keywords in your product title and bullet points.
Other than text match relevancy, ranking factors that affect performance are more difficult to prioritize and control. Every aspect of product performance requires a coordinated strategy based on actionable metrics supported by robust Amazon Seller Tools.
Indirect ranking factors like images, fulfillment methods, and A+ Content can help online sellers earn more leads and influence conversions.
What is the Amazon A10 Algorithm, and what are its implications?
It is not the ranking factors that have changed but their weighting. A9 was focused on keyword consistency, text match and advertising. A10 seems to pursue a more balanced ranking, putting the customer experience first.
While Amazon did update its search algorithm, it was not an “official” update from A9 to A10. The updated Algorithm, also known as Amazon A10 informally, was named by Amazon sellers for their cleverness.
Side note – It’s not just Amazon that shifts the attention to the user experience. Google has also updated its Core Web Vitals and implemented 3 additional metrics in the Google Page Experience Signals. These metrics quantify the user interaction with a webpage.
7 Ultimate Amazon A10 Algorithm Ranking Factors
Here get the 7 Ultimate Amazon A10 Algorithm Ranking Factors.
While having profitable keywords in your Amazon listings can still be a significant factor in product ranking, the emphasis has shifted to the customer’s intent. Amazon A10 encourages Amazon sellers to do additional research to learn more about their buyers.
- Instead of stuffing product descriptions and titles with the most effective keywords, create a product listing that captivates customers’ attention.
- Keywords and additional attributes are more important than ever. Download a category Listing Report to complete missing attributes via upload, or visit the Listing Quality Dashboard for quick fixes and to ensure that you have all relevant fields.
Amazon is very concerned about merchants’ activities in the marketplace. This includes seller feedback ratings, performance metrics, inventory levels and fulfillment methods. All of these factors are closely linked to customer experience. ).
Excellent customer service to increase your seller rating and earn the Buy Box
- Customers’ concerns and complaints are addressed promptly and effectively.
- Choose a reliable fulfillment method to avoid any problems with your shipments and poor customer feedback.
- Keep an eye on your inventory to ensure that your products are available immediately for purchase.
- Be sure to pay attention to the order cancellation rate, refund rate and accurate product tracking. These are all critical metrics for sellers.
Your customers will be delighted with your product selection, customer service, and great reviews. This will increase your chances of being featured on Amazon.
Sales History and Velocity
Did you know that Amazon’s search engine is supposed to be the most greedy? Amazon will benefit from every sale you make as an Amazon seller. If your product has significant sales, it is more likely to rank higher on Amazon.
Side note: Organically generated clicks impact product rankings more than advertising.
- You should keep your products in stock and be aware of any sales drops or slow-moving stock to ensure you are ready for promotions or blowouts.
- You can generate organic sales by putting more effort into an effective email marketing campaign and seasonable discounts.
Be careful with your marketing activities. Amazon will often remove listings that offer too many discounts or promotions.
The Click-Through Ratio is the number of clicks your product receives after appearing on a search result page. The higher your CTR, then the higher your product rank.
CTR is a significant weighted factor in A10 determining relevance, so main images/titles are more important than ever.
- Increase internal traffic by using a compelling title and memorable central image.
- Drive external traffic to generate off-site sales. You can use social media channels, the Amazon Influencer Program or any other strategy that suits your business.
Your ranking will also be influenced by the high percentage of people who click on your product detail pages and purchase from you.
Tips: There are many ways to increase conversions.
- Relevance to customer search queries
- Your product should be priced competitively
- Use A+ Content to increase the appeal of your listing
- Upload engaging videos that highlight the benefits of your product
Product reviews will remain a key ranking factor with the Amazon A10 update. Positive reviews give your product social proof, which is a good reason for the Amazon A10 algorithm placing it higher in search results. This is why Amazon sellers need to persevere in getting reviews.
Important note Amazon takes steps to prevent fraudulent reviews. You should never “buy” them. Fake reviews can damage your brand reputation. Fair play is a better strategy.
- You can sell unique products that you stand behind.
- Establish trusting relationships with customers and create an online community around your brand.
- You can track customer reviews via the Amazon Brand Registry program. This page is accessible from your Seller Central Brand Dashboard. Using the message templates, you can also respond to negative reviews as a brand owner.
- Make the most of your social media platforms and connect with online influencers.
Amazon Pay-Per-Click Advertising
According to rumors, Amazon’s A10 update revealed that Sponsored Ads were the key driving factor for Amazon SEO. This led to organic sales. Amazon Advertising’s role is still essential. However, it is possible to focus more on relevancy. Amazon PPC campaigns are still crucial to support your long-term sales strategy.
- You can diversify your advertising budget by using off-Amazon advertising. This will bring you additional traffic to your product listings.
- PPC campaigns can be used to increase sales of a product or improve the performance of an existing listing.
- PPC ads are more likely than others to convert.
You can offer the best customer experience by taking the time to properly support your listings. The Amazon A10 algorithm will help you get high rankings and sales ramp-up.
It takes time and effort to adapt to the new Amazon A10 Algorithm. While our tips will not make you an Amazon SEO pro overnight, they will help you to create a comprehensive Amazon SEO optimization strategy.
SellerGeni’s SmartPlug is designed to enhance your product listing according to Amazon’s A10 algorithm. SmartPlug Listing Optimizer suggests intelligent enhancements to product titles, descriptions, and images. Our team of experts can also assist you with listing optimization.
The SellerGeni Managed Services team receives many requests from Amazon sellers for the Amazon listing optimization service. If you are having trouble listing your products, our profit mentality services can help.