Start Selling Online on Amazon India is one of the best ways to make money online today through ecommerce. Selling Online on Amazon India can be very profitable if you know what products to sell and know exactly how things work.
After becoming a seller on Amazon India, You can run a full-fledged business or a side income for your family. There are various marketplaces in India to sell online. If you are looking for a low-cost, low-maintenance yet credible platform to sell online the Amazon is best for you.
- Check the Ultimate guide To Start Online Selling In India In 2022.
Make sure that you have all the legal documents. As is true of every other company, you have to keep your GST Registration, Pan Card, bank information, along with other legal records, convenient.
Here, in this article, we provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to sell online on Amazon India in 2022 today.
Why Sell On Amazon India In 2022?
The reason every Seller should consider doing business on Amazon is the customer base and popularity.
By start online selling on Amazon, you can reach a far more significant customer base than found on any other e-commerce platform. Even more exciting is the fact that you can potentially make more money by doing less work!
Over the past few years, there has been a tremendous change in India’s shopping patterns, with more customers going online. Here are some of the current best-selling categories in Amazon right now with high demand. This would give you some insight into the market and see where the demand is.
Amazon is the perfect place to sell online. It offers a wide variety of advantages, especially for those who wish to reach a larger and more diverse clientele, one that spends a lot of money online.
Benefits Of Start Selling Online On Amazon India In 2022
Here is the important reasons why you should start selling on Amazon India in 2022:
Millions Of Potential Customers
It is always tough to find customers after starting a new business. If you sell on Amazon India, you never have to worry about finding customers. Amazon already has a huge customer base. It is constantly working on brand recognition and getting new buyers to join its platform.
Amazon India has published the 2020 Small and Medium Business (SMB) Impact Report highlighting how the company benefits more than 10 lakh SMBs.
It is including,
- Delivery and logistics partners,
- Neighborhood stores,
- Content creators and authors in India.
These SMBs provide livelihoods to lakhs of people. In this report, you can see some of the key milestones achieved by the SMBs working with Amazon.
You can also get to know about the impact of digitization on entrepreneurs and businesses across sectors.
Some notable points of the report are,
- 4,152 Indian sellers surpassed INR 1 crore in sales in 2020. You should know that the number of crorepati sellers grew 29% Year on Year.
- Over 7 lakh sellers are selling on Amazon from more than 14,000 pin-codes across India.
- 1.5 lakh new sellers had joined Amazon in 2020. Over 50,000 registering in Hindi and Tamil.
- Amazon Business marketplace registered 85% Year on Year growth in sales.
- Over 70,000 Indian exporters on Amazon Global Selling have crossed USD 2 billion in cumulative e-commerce exports.
- Indian authors on KDP – Amazon’s self-publishing service earned over INR 45 Cr growing over 2x Year On Year.
- More than 1 lakh developers from India are building for Alexa globally.
There are few more important reasons than the above one to start selling online on Amazon India.
Top 12 Ultimate Benefits Of Start Selling On Amazon India
The following benefits a seller can secure from sell online on Amazon India:
- No Need To Build Your Own Website: To start selling on Amazon India, you don’t need your own website. So need to invest your money and time in Web hosting, SEO, Site security, email list. Amazon already ranks close to number one for most things, so the hard part is done!
- Quickly Listing Products: You can easily list different products on Amazon. The interface is too easy to list new products.
- Open for Business 24×7: You will be getting 24×7 access to product scope without needing to step out of your comfort zone.
- Work from Anywhere: You can manage your Amazon online shop through your laptop or smartphone anywhere on earth. With Amazon, you have to keep track of things, whenever and wherever you would like to.
- Zero Setup Cost: To sell on Amazon India, you dont need to worry about setup cost. In the absence of a registration or listing fee, you can really start your company at a zero setup price!
- Ease of Global Selling: As a seller, you can also sell your products globally. Amazon makes it easy to start selling in different countries. You just have to create a listing to sell on Amazon to the global audience.
- No stock: If you use the Amazon India FBA, they will store your inventory and package. They also ship your product to the buyers. It is the best way to save from the hassle of warehousing and shipping.
- Fast and easy shipping: Amazon’s top-notch shipping service takes care of your products to reach the customer safely and on time.
- Pay only when you sell: You need to pay fees after completing the sale of your product. Amazon also deposits the funds directly into your account after deducting its own sales fee.
- Secure payments: You should know all online payments take place through a secure payment gateway. They ensure that both you and your customer can transact safely.
- Professional services: Amazon’s professional service partners can assist you out with everything you need. Whether it is warehousing or advertising, or customer query management,
- Low Marketing Costs: As an online seller, you already know that for the new and stable companies, advertising is a struggle. Amazon takes up boosting products being marketed to ideal customers through successful online advertising campaigns. Amazon helps to find the trending categories and products.
Who Can Sell Online On Amazon India Seller In 2022?
If you want to sell on Amazon India, you need to access the Amazon Seller Central. You can do this by creating an account.
It takes just 15 minutes, and you need just two things to start selling on Amazon:
- The GST and PAN information of your selling business
- An active bank account to deposit payments
Any person or organization with the above documents can sell on Amazon India and become a seller. Here we are providing you with the complete list of those who are eligible for Amazon India Seller.
- An Individual- Any Person person can sell on Amazon India by providing the required Pertinent details along with the registration form
- A Business Registered as a Private Limited Company- two or more individuals can come together and form a private limited company by registering themselves with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. When the Certificate of Incorporation is obtained, they can start the procedure for enrolling themselves with Amazon.
- A Business Registered as a Limited Liability Partnership Firm- two or more individuals might come together to make a venture and get themselves registered with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. After enrollment, they can begin with Registration Procedure and sell on Amazon India.
- A Business Registered as a One Person Company- In case a person wants to enroll a Business and Revel in the benefits of limited liability, then she/he can get their company registered as a 1 Individual Company(OPC). You can also sell on Amazon India as OPC.
Essential Documents Required To Start Selling On Amazon India
Before selling on Amazon India in 2022, you have to go through the registration processes and submit some essential documents.
Here we have given you a list of important information to complete the Amazon Seller registration process.
Essential Information Needed for Registration To Sell On Amazon India:
- Name of the Company
- Name of the Individual
- PAN Card Copy
- A Cancelled cheque (in which the Seller wants payment)
- Aadhaar card Copy
- Phone number
- GST Number
- An email address
- Bank Account Details
- Address proof, e.g., Bank Statement, Electricity Bill, Passport copy, etc., needed for submission
The following licenses and registrations are needed to start selling on Amazon India:
Business Registration Before Start Selling On Amazon India
You should know that there is no specific need to sell on Amazon India and become an online seller on Amazon India in 2022. However, you will always have the benefit to register as a Private Limited Company or LLP. It will help prevent unforeseen liability and enjoy better access to the credit.
You need to submit various documents based on the type of business registration, as follows:
Sell On Amazon India As An Individual Or Sole Proprietorship
If you want to sell your products on Amazon India as individuals with your name and legal standing. These types of organizations perceive to be described as considered a Sole Proprietorship business.
Documents Required To Sell Online On Amazon India As Sole Proprietorship Or An Individual:
In case a sole proprietorship is chosen, the following documents may have to be submitted:
Identity Proof Documents Required To Sell Online On Amazon India As An Individual:
- Signed declaration on the business letterhead, stating that the individual owns and manages the bank account held in the business’s name.
- Statement of bank accounting registered on Amazon India payment gateway.
- PAN Card
- Voters ID
- Driving License
- Any other photo identity card
- Letter from a recognized Public Authority or Public Servant verifying identity.
Address Proof Documents Required To Sell Online On Amazon India As An Individual:
- Telephone bill (Fixed line) in the name of the Proprietorship firm
- Electricity bill in the name of the Proprietorship firm
- Bank Account Statement in the name of the Proprietorship
- Letter from Employer
- Ration card
- Lease or license agreement
- Letter from a recognized Public Authority or Public Servant verifying identity.
Start Selling On Amazon India As A Private Limited Company
Private Limited Company is one of the most popular techniques of becoming an Amazon India Seller. A private limited company is a company privately held for small businesses. This type of business entity limits owner liability to their shareholdings, the number of shareholders to 200, and restricts shareholders from publicly trading shares. It has the power to take on partners or investors and quickly scale-up operations.
Documents Required To Sell On Amazon India As A Private Limited Company:
The following documents must be submitted for a Private Limited Company:
Identity Proof Documents Required To Sell Online On Amazon India As Private Limited Company:
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation of Private Limited Company
- Copy of Memorandum of Association
- Company PAN Card
Address Proof Documents Required To Sell Online On Amazon India As Private Limited Company:
- Company Telephone bill (Fixed line)
- Company Electricity bill
- Lease or rental agreement
Sell Online On Amazon India As An LLP / Partnership Firm
As an Amazon India seller, you can register to be a Partnership Firm. However, while signing on as an Amazon India seller, it is better to note as an LLP (Limited Liability Partnership).
Documents Required To Sell On Amazon India As A Partnership/LLP Firm:
Essential Identity Proof Documents To Start Selling On Amazon India As LLP / Partnership Firm
- Partnership registration or LLP Incorporation Certificate
- Partnership deed
- Power of Attorney granted to a Partner or an Employee of the LLP or Partnership firm to transact business on its behalf
- Any document identifying Partners and the person holding the Power of Attorney with their photographs
- PAN Card of the LLP or Partnership Firm
Essential Address Proof Documents To Start Selling On Amazon India As LLP / Partnership Firm
- Any officially valid document confirming the address of the Partners and the persons holding the Power of Attorney
- Firm/Partner’s Telephone bill
- Firm/Partner’s Electricity bill
- Lease or Rental agreement
- Company Electricity bill
- Lease or License agreement
Sell On Amazon India As A Trust & Foundation
Trusts and Foundations can also become sellers on Amazon India. Documents similar to the above documents must be provided in the Trust or Foundation’s name to establish the Trust / Foundation’s legal identity and the Trust / Foundation’s address.
Make Sure You have GST Number Before Starting Amazon Seller Registration
GST registration is required to sell on Amazon India. GST registration is compulsory for sellers to sell products and goods in India. GST Registration is substantial compliance for online businesses. You can register your business for GST easily.
Documents Required For GST Registration
- 1 Cancelled cheque of the bank account of the entity
- Aadhaar card of the directors or the partners, as the case may be
- PAN Card of the Company, LLP, or the Individual
- Bank Account Details
You also need to share details of your current bank account in the name of the business. The documents required to open a bank account are:
- PAN Card of the Individual or the company or the LLP
- Address proof of the entity
- Certificate of Incorporation in case of a company or an LLP
- Bank form
- Partnership Deed in case of a Partnership Firm
- Identity proof and address proof of all the directors of the company or the LLP as the case may be
- Once the bank account is opened, a canceled cheque bearing the account number needs to be submitted.
- Address proof of the entity
- 2 Valid email ids
Open A Bank Account Before Selling On Amazon India
PAN Card of the merchant is mandatory on Amazon India along with bank account details. Other details, including account number, PAN account holder name, and IFSC code, should be submitted to Amazon India for the payment process.
The following information about the bank account of the business must be furnished to Amazon India India to complete the Amazon India India Partner registration process:
- Account Holder Name
- Bank IFSC Code
- Bank Account Number
- Account Type
When it comes to selling goods online on Amazon India, any brand will likely get lots of exposure. Therefore, it is essential to ensure the brand is trademarked to avoid counterfeit goods. So, sellers are required to get a trademark registration for their own brand of products and services.
How To Start Online Selling Business On Amazon India In 2022 As A Beginner
The best thing about Amazon is there is no specific way to start online selling business on Amazon. You will have the flexibility to select your business model to the products you decide to sell. You can achieve success various by selling your targeted products.
You should know that the steps required to set up and running a business on Amazon remain the same for all types of business models and products you choose.
Select a Perfect Business Model to Start Online Selling On Amazon India
- Private Label: It is the process of a retailer rebranding a product already being manufactured on its own label.
- Wholesale: In Wholesale Business Model, the seller purchases low-cost or discounted goods in bulk and sells them as individual units in a retail marketplace like Amazon.
- Online and/or Retail Arbitrage: Here, the Seller buys products from one retailer and reselling them to another for a profit.
- Dropshipping: Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn’t keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product using the dropshipping model, it purchases it from a third party. It has shipped directly to the customer.
- Handmade: If you want to sell on Amazon your handmade product, this is the perfect model. Examples include jewelry, accessories, home decor, and more.
Before starting selling on Amazon India, you should have a clear idea about the products and the respective promotional strategies to grab your buyers’ attention. Here we are giving you a basic idea from product selection to start online selling on Amazon India.
What You Have To Do To Become A Successful Amazon Seller
You need to accomplish the following key tasks to become a successful seller on Amazon India.
- Product Research: You have to search for products with high demand and low competition on Amazon. It will help you to find the most profitable opportunity.
- Product Sourcing: Find a supplier or manufacturer to create your product at the right cost. The supplier can ship your products directly to Amazon’s warehouses.
- Product Listing: Create a listing(s) for your product within your Amazon seller account and brand your product.
- Promotion: Launch and advertise your product to stand out among Amazon’s catalog of millions of products and rank in the product search results.
- Sales Management: Monitor your inventory and sales, and scale your business to keep those profits coming in!
In short, your job is to find the best product that will sell on Amazon. After a customer orders your product, Amazon takes over.
What Amazon India Does For You?
Amazon India offers FBA and Easy Ship facilities to the sellers.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)
- In this case, Amazon receives your products and stores them in their fulfillment centers.
- Then your products will be inventoried and sorted. Amazon will take good care of your products. But if any products somehow get damaged in the warehouses, Amazon will repay you the full retail price.
- After getting an order for your product, Amazon processes the transaction automatically. They also pack the product into an Amazon box and shipped to the customer.
- Amazon manages all communications with the customer. It includes shipping notifications and tracking, reviews, and even returns.
Easy Ship: You store & pack your products, Amazon delivers.
You can also sell through Amazon Merchant-Fulfilled Network (aka Amazon’s Fulfillment-by-Merchant, or Amazon FBM). In this case, you have to take care of all fulfillment.
What To Sell On Amazon India In 2022
Selecting a product to sell on Amazon is a bit tricky task. You should remember that your product should have high demand and low competition and of course with better profitability.
It is better to select a product or category from your personal interest. In this scenario, you are already enthusiastic or knowledgeable about the product. So, you will have some ideas about it.
For Example, if you’re an experienced smartphone seller, you definitely have better ideas on smartphones and customer needs.
You should know that your targeted product should have a high-demand, low-competition. You should also consider the following factors before selecting a product to sell on Amazon India in 2022
The first step of selecting a product to sell on Amazon India is to find the profitable product category. For that, you have to determine the profitability of a product for you. There are various benchmarks like popularity, categories, user reviews, and competition that determine product profitability.
You should not expect huge profits at the start online selling business on Amazon. You need to find a product with a profit margin of 10-30% for Amazon India. You can occasionally find an item with a huge profit margin with a limited sell value. So, it is better to stick with something consistent.
You can consider the “rule of 3’s” to estimate this. Each product’s sale is broken up into ⅓ for fees, ⅓ in landed costs, and ⅓ for you. (So, if the product sells for Rs 1500, you should expect to profit Rs 500). But you should know that the profit depends on the niche you have selected for Amazon India and your business model.
For Example, you may get lesser profit to sell books on Amazon India than cosmetics.
Here’s a breakdown of how you can calculate potential profitability for various fulfillment methods.
Profit= Landed costs + Amazon Fees – Amazon Selling Price Of the Product.
- Cost of inventory
- Any preparation or inspection fees
Amazon’s Fees for Fulfilment by Merchant (FBM):
- Referral Fee: Essentially, Amazon’s “commission” for each item you sell on the platform, typically starting from 2%, varies by category. You have to pay after selling a product.
- Closing Fee: Amazon India charges a closing fee for every order you get.
- Fulfillment fee: Fulfillment Fees depend on the weight and dimension of your product and shipping distance. Fulfillment fees are :
- Pick & Pack Fee (per unit): It depends on the size of the product
- Storage fee: It depends on the size of the product
- Shipping fee: It starts at Rs. 28 per item
Amazon’s Fees For Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA):
- Referral Fee: Essentially, Amazon’s “commission” for each item you sell on the platform, typically starting from 2%, varies by category. You have to pay after selling a product.
- Closing Fee: Amazon India charges a closing fee for every order you get.
- Shipping fee: The shipping fee is different based on the shipping methods,
- For Easy Ship Fee: it starts at Rs. 38 per item shipped. It varies by item volume & distance.
- For Self-Ship Fee: cost you will incur for shipping your order through a 3rd party carrier of your choice.
Find The Demand
You should know the market demand of a product to get the good sell. The key component of a good product to sell on Amazon is demand. Do people want this product? Are they looking for it, or is there a need or pain point this product could solve? We use data to answer these questions.
You can find best-selling products on Amazon India by following your competitor’s sales trends and focusing on their top-selling products. You can use a free tool like Google Trend to check the current trend. Check out how to find your ideal best-selling product by following just a few easy steps.
How To Find Trending Product Or Categories On Google Trends
After researching the trending topics on Google Trends, you can narrow down the list of products to sell on Amazon India.
Google Trends is the best tool to highlight popular products, and taking note of these will help you choose a product that sells.
It has a simple interface. You need to enter your search term, and Google Trends will generate a report showing you consumers’ interest over time.
You can find best-selling products on Amazon India by following your competitor’s sales trends and focusing on their top-selling products. Check out how to find your ideal best-selling product by following just a few easy steps.
How to Find Best Selling Products on Amazon
You should know that you can easily find top-selling Amazon products on their site. Amazon provides detailed information about the bestselling products and categories in a specific section.
You need to follow the steps given below to check the bestselling products on Amazon India.
- Go to https://www.amazon.in/gp/bestsellers. Here you will find the Top 100 products from each category. Now check what is selling products in your category.
- Now select your interested category and products.
- In search results, try to find products that have a high number of reviews ( Like 50+) but bad product ratings (< 3 stars) and which are pretty new. You can find the product launch date on the product listing page for a product.
- Now, you need to look around social media and understand the current trend.
What Products sell on Amazon the most
The top 10 product categories on Amazon are:
- Clothing, Bags, and Accessories
- Exercise Clothing and accessories
- Electronics and Accessories
- Camera & Photo Accessories
- Items for babies and Young Children
- Video Games
- Beauty And Personal Care
Try To Find A Product With Low Competition
Next, we want to evaluate the competition. You also need to know how many similar products exist and the market opportunity for a starter.
To find a best-selling product to sell on Amazon India, you need to check who your competition is & find products where the competition is relatively less.
Try finding products which:
- Are not sold by any big brands or sellers
- Contain leading product keywords having not more than 10,000 searches per month.
- Have 50 or fewer reviews.
- The rating should be less than 3.
Use Some Pro Tips To Find The Best Products For Amazon India
Keywords Research is one of the most effective techniques for researching and selling items on Amazon India. You’ll need them to find the best products and also get the buyers quickly and easily.
To find the best product, we should do the proper keyword research. You need to just write down all your keywords or phrases. Now, we need to check the potential of those keywords.
You can quickly identify the relevant keywords by using tools like Google Adwords – a keyword planning tool.
You can also find the used phrases by buyers from Amazon and check their competition and search volume from the Google Keyword Planner tool.
There are plenty of keyword research tools for Amazon products. We are showing you some popular tools below.
|No.||Amazon Keyword Tool||Pricing||Features|
|1||Viral Launch||$24 per month||The toolmaker has claimed to be the most precise data from Amazon. Uou can filter irrelevant keywords, check the search volume trends, and find low bidding and low competition keywords for your ads campaign.|
|2||Helium 10||Free sign up||You will find the awesome features such as Magnet Amazon Keyword research tool makes Helium 10 a perfect tool for SEO professionals.|
|3||Sonar||Free||The Sonar keyword tool uses complex algorithms to collect keywords used by Amazon shoppers.|
|4||Keyword Tool||Free to Paid||You can find the best keywords for Amazon products in a fast and easy way. You can use Keyword Tool Pro for Amazon for more advanced options.|
|5||Scope||From free to $57.5 per month||You can easily monitor best selling products, keyword ranking lists and much more with Scope tool. A newbie can also pro to use Scope to research the best keywords for Amazon products.|
|6||Keyword Tool Dominator||$49,99||By using the extension, you will get access to Autocomplete databases from Google, Bing, Amazon and YouTube. It is a handy tool for research of Long Tail Keywords.|
|7||Scientific Seller||Free||You should know that unlike most keyword tools that are fast and efficient, Scientific Seller is slow and meticulous.|
|8||SellerApp||Free||You can use this tool to identify the best keywords that drive the customer to buy your product and display some details about keyword’s search visibility, positions, etc.|
|9||Google Keyword Planner||Free||It is one of the best keyword tool currently available to business owners. Google AdWords help you to find out relevant keywords to your products. You can also create online ads based on them.|
|10||Merchant Words||Free $29 to$149 per month||This tool helps you to develop specific keyword phrases. You must check for availability in their country.|
|11||AMZ One||From free to $180||You can use features like Keyword Rank Tracking or Sales Tracking to find more accurate keywords.|
|12||AMZ Sistrix||Free||You can quickly analyze the keyword by a simple insert a keyword in the tool..|
|13||SEO Chat||Free||It is the best place to find all the information and tools for professional Search Engine Optimization. You can develop a successful business with the help of this tool.|
|14||SeoStack||Free||You can easily generate keywords, get keyword suggestions and analyze keyword competition.|
Set The Proper Product Costing
Without setting an allowable product cost, you will never be able to make profits on your Amazon India listing. You should consider 3 things while looking for products to sell on Amazon India,
- Shipping cost,
- Product Wholesale pricing,
- Amazon Seller Fees.
Also, try considering the following points while purchasing products:
- The product cost should be around 20-40% of your potential selling price.
- The product weight should ideally be less than 1 Kg, including packaging.
- The product should be durable to reduce the risk of loss from damage.
- Better quality than competitor products.
Check User Reviews
User reviews are the best gem to know the market potential of a product. You will also know the customer’s pain point by reading the Amazon Product reviews from your competitor’s listing. So if you want to sell similar products, you will get more potential plus happy buyers by considering those pain points. If you can solve all issues of the buyers, then you can expect a better sell.
Finding products to sell on Amazon India is easy. Finding something that gives you the expected amount of returns over some time requires serious research, dedication, and following the above points.
Check for Intellectual Property or Other Legal Concerns
If you want to create your own brand and selling products on Amazon means you’re creating a real business. So you need to follow certain rules, especially for intellectual property (IP).
Amazon marks “black hat” behavior such as counterfeit products and trademark infringement. So you need to find products that you have the right to produce and sell.
You should know that you cannot sell a patented thing with your brand label . In this case, someone else owns the rights to the design or another fundamental quality of it.
Now, the tricky question is how to check if there is a patent. You can get a higher lawyer to know a product has a patent or not.
How Do You Check If Your Product is Already Patented?
But here are some other steps you can follow:
- Google “patent” + [your product idea] or directly visit patents.google.com
- Check listings on Amazon for that product and see if they mention anything regarding a patent.
- Check if many other people are selling a similar product. If there are, it’s unlikely the product is patented because patent holders typically enforce their patents.
A trademark is any symbol, word, or group of words that an organization legally registers to present its brand or product. So it is illegal to put another company’s trademark on your product.
For Example, if you are selling a private label shoe, you cannot use the name “Adidas” or Adidas’s logo.
So you need to check trademark status before finalizing your brand name, logo, or slogan for your Amazon business.
How Do You Check if Your Brand is Already Registered?
To check if your brand is not registered, follow the below steps.
- Step 1: You need to find the class in which your products belong. A class in trademark context is like the HSN code of a product. Go to https://ipindiaonline.gov.in/tmrpublicsearch/classfication_goods_service.htm.You can check all the classes in this link and understand to which your products belong. You should note down the class of every product if you are trying to sell multiple categories. Now you have finalized your class that your products belong to.
- Step 2: Now, you need to visit the trademark website https://ipindiaonline.gov.in/tmrpublicsearch and enter your brand name and class. If you do not see any search results, you can go ahead with the same brand name. Remember to check into multiple classes if you intend to sell in multiple categories.
- Step 3: Now, create your logo. The fees for applying trademark is ₹4500 if you are applying online and ₹5000 if you are applying offline. It can take from 2 months to 8 months if there is no objection from the government. You can call your lawyer or search for the same in google and apply.
Know Other Restrictions and Liabilities
You also need to research if there any restrictions or necessary certifications for your products to sell on Amazon India.
You need to check if someone could easily get hurt or sick using your product. You need to avoid products with a greater chance of liabilities, such as
- Electronics products for the body,
- Lotions and dietary supplements
- Dangerous products to use, i.e., flammable or sharp, etc.
Know The Ease And Practicality Of Sourcing
If you are Start Selling On Amazon India as a beginner, you need to find something easy to produce and ship.
Here we are giving you some important key points in mind when narrowing down your product ideas:
- Sourcing: You need to find a product that has more supplier options. In such a scenario, if a supplier cannot fulfill your product, you can go for others.
- Shipping: You should always choose smaller, lighter products that are easier to ship. You should also keep in mind that the product should survive during the shipping process. You don’t want a product that is easily broken.
- Importing: If you are not producing and selling a product in the same country, you need to import products to Amazon India. So you need to know the regulations on what you can and can’t import.
How To Source Products To Sell On Amazon India
Now you have selected your products to sell on Amazon India. It’s time to find a supplier.
Don’t worry! Many sellers have face the same difficulty to find the best supplier. Because latest technologies and various markets help facilitate national and international trade. So it is a simpler process than ever.
You need to follow the four steps given below to find the best product source for Amazon India.
- Research Amazon suppliers
- Contact suppliers for a quote
- Evaluate product samples and refine your product
- Order and ship your products to Amazon’s FBA warehouses
What Should You Look For In A Supplier?
If you want start online selling business on Amazon India in 2022, you should have clarity on selection of a product supplier. Here are some key factors you should consider while selecting a supplier.
- Product Quality: You need to sell high-quality products get better reviews on Amazon. If you sell low-quality products, your Amazon reviews become lower, and your sale also decreases.
- Experience: Try to select such manufacturers who are producing from producing your type of product for at least 3 years. You can see a supplier’s import history in the Supplier Database.
- Communication: Find a factory that is easy to communicate with and responds to you in a reasonable amount of time.
- Price: You want a fair price for your products. Avoid such a factory that quotes a much higher or much lower price.
Research Amazon Suppliers
You already know that there are thousands of manufacturers around the world who can produce any product you can imagine.
Here we are giving you some best sources of potential suppliers. These suppliers can produce the highest quality product for you at the best price.
Alibaba is one of the best platforms to find international suppliers at low prices.It is the largest business-to-business platform in the world. Here, you can find the relevant products and the manufacturers with the help of Alibaba’s search function.
Indiamart is one of the best websites to find manufacturers or suppliers from India. As a beginner amazon India seller, sourcing from IndiaMART is the best option. You will easily find everything available for sale in India. You can also find the importers, traders, or manufacturers.
You can also hire sourcing agents to source products with the best quality and price. They have a clear idea about the product of various countries. So they may give you a competitive edge in finding more affordable pricing. You can find reputable sourcing agents online.
Contact Suppliers For A Quote
You need to create a list of 10-15 suppliers that you’d be interested in working with. Now its time to send an initial contact email to your potential suppliers. You can use Alibaba or Indiamarts to find their contact.
Now, you need to examine your suppliers based on their responses and communication. Also, consider price negotiation and minimum quantity for orders. Narrow down the list by considering the suppliers with late responses and communication. Consider the top 5 options.
Check and Modify Product Samples
After Finalizing your suppliers, you need to order samples. This is an important step to ensure you’re making the right investment and purchasing a quality product.
- Order samples: Ask for the sample price and pay them immediately after that follow-up on your samples. Nobody is interested in giving out free samples, so watch out. Once shipped, you should expect your samples within 1-2 weeks.
- Examine samples: Once your samples arrive, check them carefully for quality, specifications. Also, check the price and place a small order with a total value of ₹ 30,000- ₹50,000, anything less will make the Seller not interested in dealing with you.
- If your product isn’t as expected, you may request modifications to the sample for an additional charge. Modifications can include adding a logo, changing the dimensions, adding or removing components, etc.
- Consider packaging and branding: If you want to have branded packaging for your products, ask your supplier the same before placing a large bulk order. You should have the design ready for your supplier. After getting the exact dimension of your packaging from the supplier or manufacturer dimensions, you ask a graphic designer to design accordingly.
Order and Ship Your Amazon Products
After finalizing the product and suppliers, you can place an order. If you are selling as Merchant, then you need to deliver the products in your place.
If you are using Amazon India FBA, you can ask your suppliers to directly send those products to Amazon’s warehouses.
Some important steps in this process:
- Price your products
- Establish pricing terms and methods and pay the invoice
- Run a quality inspection on your product before it gets to Amazon’s warehouses
- Decide on shipping (often working with a freight forwarder to simplify international shipping)
You should keep in mind that the product will typically take anywhere from 2-6 weeks to manufacture.
How To Register and Start Selling On Amazon India As A Beginner
Before starting the registration process, make sure that you have gone through the above steps, as we mentioned.
To complete the Amazon Seller registration, you have to accomplish the following steps.
- Create An Amazon India Seller account
- Submit Seller Information
- Submit Tax Details
- Seller Central Dashboard
Create An Amazon India Seller Account
To start online selling business on Amazon India, you need to create a Seller account. You need to follow the steps.
- Step 1: Go to https://sell.amazon.in/ and click on Start Selling.
- Step 2: Amazon Seller Account Registration Form will be opened. Fill the registration form with details like your Name, Email, Phone Number, and Password. Keep in mind that password that is at least 6 characters.
- Step 3: Now click on ‘Continue,’ a new page, ‘Verify mobile number’ will open up. You will receive an OTP on the phone number that you submitted just now.
- Step 4: Enter OTP and click on ‘Create your Amazon account.’
This will take you to a new page – ‘Register and Start Selling.’
Submit Seller Information
Here on the “Register and Start Selling” Page, you need to complete the steps below.
- Step 1: Here, you need to enter the Name of the Company or Business Name under which you want to sell on Amazon. Make sure that the name should be the same as that registered in GST and PAN. Mark the checkbox for Seller Agreement, then click on continue.
- Step 2: Here in this step, Amazon will verify your submitted details. They check if an account with that name or details does not already exist on Amazon. It will then take you to your Seller Central Page. Here you need to fill in other information.
- Step 3: Now, you have to enter the Store Name as you want it to appear on Amazon. You should know that the name will be displayed to the buyers for your Amazon Listings and Seller Profile. You can use any name but make sure that it is unique. Click on verify to ensure that the store name is available. You can change the Store Name anytime from the store info area in your seller account.
- Step 4: After creating the Amazon Store, choose the Primary Product Category you want to sell in. You will get a chance to select more categories later.
- Step 5: Now, you need to enter the address and click on ‘continue.’
- Step 6: Here, Amazon will then verify the address and check eligibility for Easy Ship. You should add the correct address from where you will be shipping the products.
- Step 7: If you want to opt for Easy Ship, select the option and click on Next. You can also decide this later.
- Step 8: In this step, Amazon will ask you to enable 2-step verification for added security. You have to click on ‘Enable Two-Step Verification. Enable Two-Step Verification for Amazon Seller Central Account Login.
- Step 9: After completing the setup of 2-step verification, you can select the option ‘Don’t require OTP on this browser’ under ‘Suppress OTP challenge during Sign-in.’ By doing so, you don’t have to enter the OTP every time you sign in using this browser.
- Step 10: Now click on ‘I got it. Please turn on the Two-Step Verification. This will take you to the next step – Tax Details.
Submit Tax Details
- Step 1: Here, you need to enter GSTIN and PAN Number and click on Next.
- Step 2: You can also skip this step by selecting ‘I will update Later.’ You should know that you cannot start listing your products on Amazon unless you have submitted GST and PAN details.
- Step 3: If you have not registered for GST or want to sell in GST Exempted Category, you can select that option and click on Next.
Seller Central Dashboard
Now you are in the final part. Complete the steps given below to complete the Amazon India seller registration.
- Products to sell: Here, you can start listing your products. Leave this for now. We will guide you on this later.
- Shipping Fee Details: Here, you can set up the shipping rates. The rates vary depending on whether you choose Easy Ship or not.
- Bank Account Details: Here, you need to enter your bank account details. Fill it correctly. This is where you will receive payments from Amazon.
- Enter Tax Details: Here, you need to provide your taxation-related details like PAN Number and GST Number. If you did not enter your PAN Number and GST before, enter these details here and click on Save.
- Default Product Tax Code: You should know that the Product Tax Code or PTC is the GST Tax Bracket that your product comes under. You will see a list of codes with the GST percentage in the bracket in the drop-down. You should check the GST applicable on the products you plan to sell on Amazon and find the Product Tax Code accordingly.
- Signature: Now, you need to upload a scanned copy of your signature. This will be used on the invoices that are sent to the customers. Make sure that the image should not exceed 2MB. Use https://resizeimage.net/ tool to resize the image.
After providing all information as above steps, you need to click on ‘Launch Your Business,’ and you are done! You will be redirected to your Amazon Seller Central Dashboard.
Amazon Seller Central Dashboard is the place where you can manage and control your Amazon India Business. Now onwards, after login into your Amazon Seller Account, you will first see this Dashboard.
Amazon seller central or seller dashboard provides you information like order summary, performance reports, payment summary, case log, sales summary, promotions & offers, and much more. This is where you control everything on your account from – listing, pricing, ads, etc.
How to Create Your Amazon Listing
After creating the Amazon Seller Central account, you can make your product available for sale on Amazon through the listing process.
There are mainly two types of Amazon India Product listing available. These are,
- For selling something already available for purchase on Amazon India: You can simply list your product by matching it to an existing product
- For selling a new product: You will need to create a listing for your product by adding all its information, such as product details, dimensions, images, features, and variations
Now it is time to create your first listing. You have to log in to your Amazon seller central account and perform the below steps.
- Step 1: In this step, you need to select Add Products option under the header’s Catalog menu.
- Step 2: Now, you have to click on Create New Product Listing option to create a new listing
- Step 3: Here, you should select the category under which your product belongs.
- Step 4: Finally, you need to fill out all the mandatory information required for your products.
Amazon India Product Listing Optimization
Product listings are literally everything in an Amazon business. So you should not neglect it. You can use some ranking tricks. But remember, nothing helps your entire Amazon SEO strategy like an optimized listing. It is one of the crucial ranking factors in Amazon.
Fully optimize your product listing with keywords and create meaningful relationships with your customers. So, you should create an optimized product listing that can benefit from SEO.
Below are some guidelines on Amazon Product Listing Optimization:
- Product Title: You need to keep your Amazon product title under 200 characters and add your title like “Brand Name + Product name + Size/Variation.” So if you are selling formal Men’s Shirts, then it can be like “”Levis Formal Shoes for Men, Size 10″”
- Product Images: Your images are the most essential thing in your listing. Your pictures should be more than the size of 1000px X 1000px so that they are zoomable. Make sure that these are high quality and the product should be visible clearly. Know 8 Essential Amazon Product Image Requirements To Boost Your Sales
- Key Product Features or Bullet Points: You should add critical features. Add most highlighting points here and make sure that sentences are short. After product title and images, Amazon bullet points are the next essential factors that customer pays their attention to. Your bullet points should have the information about product features in brief.
- Product Description: Product description is the least important part of listing from a sales conversion perspective. But you should make full use of it, and input details about your product. Remember, you can even add HTML tags as well.
Check the Ultimate guide To Amazon SEO & Product Listing Optimization.
How To Set Amazon Product Pricing Properly
Proper pricing plays a significant role while selling online a Product on Amazon. Many businesses have failed Amazon because of an incorrect pricing strategy.
You should keep in mind that you never compete on pricing. Your pricing should cover all essential additional fees, like shipping to packaging. If you start competing on pricing, it is time to move onto the next product.
You already know that Amazon charges various fees when an order is fulfilled. If you set a price blindly without considering all your fees, you will have to face losses.
Below are the essential fees that amazon charges per order.
- Amazon Commission: It is the amount that it charges for every sale that you make. It can range from 5% to 28% based on the product category.
- Shipping Fees: It is based on the product weight. After calculating weight, both volume-wise and actual weight, Amazon charges the fee accordingly. Volume weight can be calculated using the formula below ( L x W x H) / 5000. Not all dimensions are in cm.
- Fixed Closing Fees: It is a fixed fee charged by amazon based on the product’s price.
- Pick and Pack Fees: These fees are only set in FBA. They also charge indirectly charge this in Easy Ship as well by adding it into shipping fees.
- Monthly Storage Fees: It is paid by FBA sellers only. Because you have to use their warehouse for storing your products. The cost of storage fees is calculated by taking some of all your products’ volumes using the same formula. You can find your monthly storage fees in your FBA reports.
- Delivery Shipping Fees: It is related to the Easy Ship Prime program. Here your products will get the Prime tag while still using the comfortable ship. This fee is charged by Amazon for every Prime order by a Non-Prime customer.
- FBA Courier Cost: The shipping cost you have to pay to the courier company charges while sending the products to the Amazon warehouse. It can vary from ₹5-₹15 per KG.
- Miscellaneous Cost: Other costs are added here, like your packing staff, cost of the packing material, etc. You should know that the price are very minor per product. But for the multiple products, it will become a bit higher.
How To Launch A Product On Amazon
The main purpose of your listing your products on Amazon is to generate sales. After your Product listings are getting live on Amazon, people will find your products.
If you start getting multiple sales for your product as soon as your listing is live, it will help your products become in Amazon’s bestseller rank. So you should have a strong strategy to launch the first product.
Here is the complete guide on how to launch a product Amazon India Correctly to generate sales.
Understand Amazon’s Product Search Algorithm
Whether you are an established Amazon seller or a newbie, you should have the Amazon SEO Strategy. So, you need to understand the Amazon’s Product Search Algorithm (A9) properly. It will help get rank highly on Amazon searches. The better rank will drive more traffic to your listings, ultimately drive sales.
You should know that Amazon’s product search algorithm is completely different from Google’s. When a buyer searches for a product on Amazon, results are delivered through a two-step process. These are,
- Amazon pull relevant results from the product catalog,
- Amazon ranks products according to relevancy.
So for a product to sell, it needs to rank high.
Key Factors Of The Amazon Algorithm
You can cover Amazon ranking factors in three categories:
- Conversion rate: Conversion rate is the metric used to measure the number of page visits that result in a sale. It is affected by Product listing completeness, the number of reviews, image quality, and prices, etc.
- Relevancy: Relevancy is a ranking factor given by Amazon. Based on this, your product may or may not appear for the keywords. You should know that to rank higher, your product needs to be relevant.
- Customer satisfaction and retention: It includes customer retention, including Amazon seller feedback and order defect rate. If your product has more positive seller feedback and good Amazon Product reviews, your product will win more sales. So it will be in better rank.
Here’s a list of 21 factors across conversion, relevance, and customer satisfaction that Amazon’s algorithm considers when ranking your product.
Conversion Rate Factors
Conversion rate can mean different things depending on what action you wish people would end up taking. When it comes to Amazon, the conversion rate is the metric used to measure the number of page visits that result in a sale.
This is an important metric for a few reasons:
- It gives you an overall view of your listings’ health.
- It allows your product to rank better.
- It helps you assess the results of your A/B testing on your listing copy.
- It enables you to determine what areas need to be improved.
Factors That Affect Conversion Rates
There are a couple of factors that affect conversion rates, and I’ll discuss the most important ones below:
- Sales rank: Sales rank (also known as the Amazon Best Sellers Rank) is one of the most crucial ranking factors. Two things you should keep in mind that,
- More sales = higher rankings
- Higher ranking = more sales
- Number Of Customer reviews: Customer reviews are the best way to improve conversion rate While selling on Amazon India. The number of product reviews you receive and the quality of these reviews are important ranking factors.
- Answered questions: You should know that the answered questions are listed at the top of the product page and play an essential part in conversions.
- Image size and quality: As Amazon Seller, you need to follow Amazon’s image guidelines to ensure the listings are not suppressed. Using high-quality images of a minimum of 1,000 x 1,000 pixels, you can enable the zoom feature. It allows buyers to see your products in more detail.
- Price: The price of the product is one of the most essential Buy Box factors. It also strongly influences conversion rates and sales.
- Parent-child products: You will easily direct customers to a single product page by using Amazon’s parent-child product functionality. This will help maximize your customer reviews.
- Time on page and bounce rate: Bounce rate represents the percentage of visitors who enter the product listing and then leave rather than view the product. The amount of time a customer spends on your listing will show Amazon how interested customers are in your product.
- Product listing completeness: You need to complete your product listing as much as possible. Make sure you have completed every single field on the listing setup page. It is one of the significant factors to achieve a better rank in Amazon Search Result.
Amazon will analyze the following fields to determine if a product is relevant to a search. There are a couple of factors that affect Relevancy, and I’ll discuss the most important ones below:
- Title: A good product title will increase your conversion rate. To optimize your Amazon product title, you should include keywords, be easy to read and be under 200 characters. Here’s a good example directly from Amazon. The title of a product is one of the most important places to include keywords. Amazon suggests incorporating the following attributes in product titles.
- Brand and description
- Product line
- Material or key ingredient
- Features in Bullet points: Displaying the product features in detailed bullet points, which include keywords (like below), is a great way to increase conversions.
- Product description: You have to add product descriptions correctly. Explain all features, and don’t forget to add multiple keywords to improve Relevancy. It is worth creating a long and detailed description. It will increase your customer engagement and conversion rates. Likewise, an unclear product description results in negative buyer feedback and fewer sales.
- Brand and manufacturer part number: You need to always include the brand in your title. This helps buyers searching by brand name to find your products.
- Specifications: In this section, you have to list your product’s technical and physical details, including size, shipping weight, color, etc. Completing this section shows a positive signal to Amazon Algorithm when it comes to listings.
- Category and sub-category: When setting up your product listing, you should select the most relevant category for your product.
- Search terms: Amazon gives you five fields with a character limit to specify the search terms you want to associate with your product. Here are Amazon’s best practices for providing keywords.
- Avoid providing inaccurate, misleading, or irrelevant information.
- Don’t provide excessively long content.
- Don’t provide redundant information that is already captured in other fields such as title, author, product description, bullet points, brand, etc.
- When entering several words as a search term, put them in the most logical order.
- Use a single space to separate keywords. No commas, semicolons, or carets are required.
- Avoid including statements that are only temporarily true, e.g., “new,” “on sale,” “available now.”
- Don’t include subjective claims such as excellent, good quality, etc.
- Don’t include common misspellings of the product name.
- Don’t provide variants of spacing, punctuation, capitalization, and pluralization.
- Don’t include terms that are abusive or offensive in nature.
- Abbreviations, alternate names, topic (for books, etc.), and critical character (for books, movies, etc.) could be included as keywords.
Customer Satisfaction And Retention Factors
Customer satisfaction is defined as a measurement that determines how happy customers are with a company’s products, services, and capabilities. Customer satisfaction information, including surveys and ratings, can help a company determine how to best improve or changes its products and services.
Customer retention is a massive factor in the long-term success of e-Commerce stores and can’t afford to go overlooked. Considering it’s between 5 and 25 times more expensive to acquire new customers, you’ll save a ton focusing on customer retention.
- Negative seller feedback: All negative feedback counts against you equally in terms of product search results. Your feedback rating is also an essential factor for your Buy Box chances.
- Order processing speed: To be successful on Amazon, you need to ship fast and accurately. You’ll even rank higher with efficient order processing.
- In-stock rate: Poor inventory management can result in popular products going out of stock. Amazon likes sellers who keep a high in-stock rate to minimize refunds and pre-fulfillment cancellations.
- Perfect Order Percentage (POP): Sellers who achieve a higher percentage of perfect orders will rank higher than those who experience order issues.
- Order Defect Rate (ODR): If a customer makes a claim against an order, this is considered an order defect. Defects include negative buyer feedback, A-to-Z Guarantee claim, shipment problems, and chargebacks. If the feedback is later removed by the buyer, this won’t count against your ODR. So, it’s worthwhile trying to resolve any issues that might occur.
- Exit rate: Your exit rate is the percentage of times a customer views your listing and then exits Amazon. Products with a lower exit rate will rank higher and convert more.
Optimize Product Listing
Before launching your product, you have to first check your product listing. You should know that high-quality contents attract more customers and increase conversion. Even you can save your advertising budget if you have a low sales volume.
You should know the basic content SEO strategy. So you can optimize your product listing is to use relevant keywords in your product titles and descriptions. Find all relevant Amazon keywords and phrases using free tools like SeoStack Keyword Tool Chrome Extension and Ubersuggest. Knowing the data regarding a keyword can help you choose which ones to use.
To optimize the Product Listing, you need to do mainly the following tasks.
- Create Attractive Product Titles.
- Take High-Quality Product Photos
- Write a Detailed Product Description
- Use Bullet Points When Necessary
We have already covered a detailed guide on Amazon India Product Optimization above. Click Here To Check.
Get An Amazon Prime Badge
If you want to get high engagement results, then you have to secure an Amazon Prime Badge. The Amazon Prime Badge signals to customers that their purchases can be safely shipped to their doorsteps within two days. Every day more customers join the Amazon Prime membership due to the added benefits.
You should know that the Prime-eligible products appear higher on the search results. So it will help to sell the product listing quickly. To showcase your product on Amazon Prime, you should enroll to the Amazon FBA service as soon as possible.
Provide Competitive Product Offers and Discounts
You should use product discounts to attract customers. It is the easiest way to make them buy your product. It will help you to increase initial demand. The discounts can make people feel that they have saved more money and recieved more value from your product offers.
By give coupons and discounts to get traffic to your products, you can easily receive new buyer reviews.
Create Social Media Presence
You should create social media pages for your brand one month or more before the product launch on Amazon. Without a page or profile, you will be unable to run their ads in the future. It will help you to also get potential buyers. You need to set up a hashtag and use it consistently. After a long time, you will see the find your happy customers are also using it. It will spread your brand awareness easily.
Before sharing anything on your social media pages, make sure that your content is interesting.
You should create profiles in below social media,
Run Prelaunch Promotions
Congratulations! You’re now near the end of your product launch strategy. The final strategy is promotions. You’ve spent your time preparing your product for launching and checked if everything is properly optimized. Your product is ready for an advertising campaign, which means you’re prepared to gain traffic and conversions.
- Facebook Ads: You can easily drive external traffic to your products through social media advertisements.
- Google Ads: Google ads are similar to Facebook ads. They can help you direct traffic to your website.
- Amazon PPC: In this advertising solution, you have to pay Amazon a fee for every click on your ad.
- Influencer Marketing: These people have huge followers, and they regularly interact with them. You can get visitors by hiring an influencer to build awareness of your brand through their platform.
How Do You Get Your First Sale On Amazon India
After setting all prelaunch strategies, you need to lauch your products. Those will help you to generate initial sales.
But to get more sales, you need to promote your site in various ways.
You should follow two strategies mainly,
- You need to promote your Amazon product through a deal site,
- Use Amazon PPC.
Promote The Product Through a Deal Site
You need to offer various discount codes or coupons for your product on a deal site. People will use that code to purchase your product on Amazon. It will give you an easy way to generate Sales.
Use Amazon PPC
The powerful strategy to generate initial sales is by using Amazon pay-per-click or PPC ads. PPC is a big topic and something we recommend always running (not just a product launch).
In this kind of Ads, you need to pay Amazon for consumers to click to your product listing. This advertising is the best way of driving traffic to your product. These ads are appeared only appeared in the most relevant product that consumers search for.
You should know that there are three different types of PPC on Amazon:
Amazon Sponsored Products
In this type, the ads appear at the top and bottom of Amazon’s search results page. Also, it appears in the product carousel on a competitor’s product listing on desktop, mobile, and the app.
After clicking your ad, the consumer will be taken to your product’s listing. You need to know that you are charged every time someone clicks on your ad in all PPC types.
In the search results, it will appear as below:
On a product listing, it will appear as below:
Amazon Sponsored Brands
You have to be brand registered to use Sponsored Brand PPC ads. These types of ads appear on the top and bottom of Amazon’s search results on Amazon’s desktop and mobile site.
In Sponsored Brand ads, your logo, a headline, and up to three of your products will be shown. After clicking on your brand logo, the buyers will be taken to your Amazon Store or a dedicated landing page with your brand’s products.
After clicking on a particular item, consumers will be taken to the product listing.
Amazon Sponsored Display
You need to register your brand on Amazon to run Sponsored Display PPC ads. Sponsored Display is a self-service display advertising solution that helps you grow your business and brand on Amazon by engaging shoppers across the purchase journey, on and off Amazon.
In this case, Amazon displays an ad for your product on external websites. They target customers who have visited your listing or a similar product within the last 30 days.
How To Create An Amazon PPC Ad
Here are the easy steps to create and run Amazon PPC Ads.
- Know the Keyword: You need to know the targeting keyword. Amazon PPC ads are based on relevant keywords. You need to do proper Amazon keyword research and make a final list of the keywords. Then, you need to use those keywords to run these campaigns.
- Choose the campaign type: Here, you need to choose the right campaign type, whether automatic or manual. An automated campaign allows Amazon to decide the keywords to display your ad based on your listing’s title, bullet points, description, back-end keywords, etc. When you select a manual campaign, you have to choose the keywords you want your ad to appear.
- Name your campaign: You need to provide a proper name for the campaign. Include the Campaign Type in your Campaigns Name: “Product (Manual)” and “Product (Automatic)” to help you quickly differentiate them when viewing in the Campaign Manager.
- Set a daily budget: You need to select the budget for your ads. We would like to suggest you that don’t spend huge. As a beginner, you can choose from Rs 1000- Rs 5000. You can increase the budget later after having experience in the Amazon PPC Ads.
How To Pack Amazon Orders
You already know that all shipping options are available for sellers on Amazon India. Here you will learn about packing and shipping your products safely.
Packing is an essential step to making a great first impression with customers while selling online. Good packing also helps ensure your customers receive your products correctly and have a great shopping experience.
In FBA, when an order is placed by the buyers, the product will be packed by Amazon.
You can purchase Amazon packing material to wrap your products for Easy-Ship or Self-Ship. You can also use your own packing material.
Essential Tips for Packing Products For Amazon
- Non Fragile products: To pack these types of items is easy. You have to cover the products with protective plastic and place them inside a cardboard box. The box can be thick or thin based on the material of your products. You need to wrap up the items in a plastic bag and put them into a big cardboard box while shipping to the FBA Fulfillment Center. Amazon will pick and pack your products in their own cardboard boxes, so you don’t have to spend money on individual cardboard boxes.
- Fragile Products: To fill this kind of product is a bit tricky. These products are made up of plastic, acrylic, glass, or ceramic. So they need extra care while shipping. You can pack these products in thick boxes. You should use bubble wrap for the safety of the product. If you are packing multiple units in a single order, separate each unit with thick cardboard partitions to not break while shipping.
- Food products: In this type, you can pack in thick cardboard boxes. It will help your product to get damage while delivering.
How Do You Ship Items On Amazon India?
When an order has been placed for one of your products, Amazon notifies you by email and in your Seller Central dashboard. Choose “Fulfilment by Amazon.” Amazon will take care of storage, picking, packing, and shipping, as well as customer inquiries.
If you are not on FBA, your account comes enabled with Easy Ship. Amazon will pick products from you and deliver them straight to the customer with Amazon’s world-class delivery service.
Suppose you are a seller or shop owner. You can deliver orders the same day/next day to customers in your local area (through your own delivery associates or a courier partner). In that case, you can unlock Prime benefits for select pin codes with Local Shops.
There are 3 ways that you, as an Amazon Seller, can deliver orders to your customers:
- Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA): Amazon stores, packs & delivers your products
- Easy Ship: You store & pack your products, Amazon delivers
- Self-Ship: You store, pack & deliver your products
Fulfillment by Amazon India (FBA)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service that helps you gain access to Amazon’s world-class storage and fulfillment facilities. It is fast and free delivery options and trusted customer service. FBA automatically makes your products Prime eligible, too.
All you have to do is send your products to an Amazon fulfillment center. Amazon will store your inventory for you and will pick, pack and ship your orders across India to your customers once an order is placed.
Amazon India (FBA) Pros
- Focus on your business: Amazon stores your inventory and takes care of the shipping to your customers. Saving you time so that you can focus on your business.
- Amazon Prime: Your FBA products become eligible for unlimited free one-day and two-day delivery options with Amazon Prime. Premium delivery options enhance the customer shopping experience and, in turn, increases customer demand and loyalty.Prime products get upto 3X increase in sales compared to the non-Prime products
- Pay as you go: FBA’s flexible rate structure means you only pay for the services you use. You dont have to pay additional subscription fees, no minimum units, and no start-up fees.
- Build Trust: Customers trust Amazon’s world-class packaging, shipping, customer service, and returns – and your brand benefits.
- No Growing Pains: With an increase in sales, there’s no need to worry about inventory space, manpower for managing, packing, and delivering orders.
- Customers keep coming back for more: With FBA, Amazon supports customer service and returns for products sold on Amazon. Your products will be eligible for Free Delivery options available with Amazon. You can also easily send your products to Amazon’s fulfillment centers using Amazon-trained transporters who can pick up products from your doorstep.
- Pay on delivery payments: Pay on Delivery (also known as Cash on Delivery) is extensively used in India. You can fulfill your orders using the Pay on Delivery facility through FBA and get the funds deposited directly in your bank account.
- Amazon ensures free & fast delivery for all Prime customers to 99.9% of India’s servicable pincodes
- Amazon manages returns and customer support
Amazon India (FBA) Cons:
- You need to stock the inventory in the Amazon warehouse
- You need to create Removal orders if the product is in Unsellable conditions
|Storage||Amazon will store your products|
|Packaging||Amazon will pack your products|
|Shipping||Amazon will ship your products to the customers|
Amazon India Easy Ship
For sellers who don’t choose FBA, your seller account already comes powered with Amazon Easy Ship – an end-to-end delivery service for sellers. All you need to do is keep your product packed and ready and manage logistics and customer service.
- Pick up orders from your doorstep
- Handle returns and respond to buyers
- Pay On Delivery (POD) payments
Easy Ship Pros:
- Easy tracking of parcel
- Amazon will approve reimbursement claims.
- Amazon-powered delivery service to 99.9% of India’s pin codes
- Enables ‘Pay on Delivery’ (by cash or card) for customers
- Availability of order tracking for customers with assured delivery date
- Option for Amazon to handle customer returns
Easy Ship Cons:
- Amazon will pick up all the parcels only till 4PM
- Slow delivery when compared to FBA
- No auto reimbursement for Damages
|Storage||You will store your products|
|Packaging||You will pack your products using Amazon packaging material or your own packaging material|
|Shipping||You will schedule a pick-up and an Amazon agent will deliver your product to the customer|
Amazon India Self-Ship
Suppose you are a seller or shop owner who can deliver orders the same day or the next day to customers in your local area. You also have your own delivery associates or a courier partner. In that case, you can unlock Prime benefits for select pin codes with Local Shops. This helps that helps customers around you discover you faster on Amazon.
Thousands of shopkeepers from across the country are already taking advantage of the FBA program. Here, they can showcase a wide range of products. For example, ranging from consumer electronics to mattresses, kitchen items to grocery/ Kirana and consumables, apparel and shoes to gifts, and even fresh flowers and cakes!
- Increase Visibility: Local customers discover your products faster due to the Prime Badge.
- Boost Sales: Grow your business and supplement income with increased orders.
- Flexibility: Deliver on your own or with third-party carriers and offer value-added services
- Option to set your own shipping price
- Amazon will not approve any claims.
- You will have to track the parcel till it is delivered successfully and back in case of return.
- If a customer creates the return, you will have to arrange the return courier as well.
- Customers can file A-Z Claims.
- You are dependent on the time of the courier service.
|Storage||You will store your products|
|Packaging||You will pack your products using Amazon packaging material or your own packaging material|
|Shipping||You will ship your products to the customers|
With Amazon, you need not worry about the payments, as Amazon transfers funds directly to the bank account you specify in Seller Central. To review your bank account information, all you need is to visit the Account Info page in Seller Central. The funds are sent to your bank account directly, even in the case of payment on delivery.
Generally, Amazon first settles your account balance 14 days after you register your seller account. This means that Amazon will initiate a payment to your bank account on your settlement date. Subsequently, the settlement process repeats every 7 days.
To receive smooth online payment services from Amazon, you must have the following:
- A positive seller account balance. This means that the amount of money you made from sales is greater than the total amount of fees and refunds you incurred during a settlement period.
- You need to provide the valid bank account information in your seller account. Amazon pays the proceeds of sellers’ sales to their bank accounts by bank transfer. To ensure a smooth flow of payments, you must provide valid information about your Indian bank account before you can receive payments.
- When your account is settled, Amazon posts a settlement report in the Reports section of Seller Central. Amazon also initiates payment to your bank account through an electronic bank transfer. It usually takes 2 to 3 working days for the funds to reach your bank account after Amazon has initiated a payment.
You can view your deposited balance along with tips to grow and expand your business in your Seller Central account.
How To Check Amazon Order Payments
You check the Amazon Payment for an order multiple ways. We are showing you both now.
- Step 1: You need to login to Seller Central and go to Orders then click on Manage Orders. Here you can check list of Orders.
- Step 2: Copy the Order Id.
- Step 3: Now go to Reports then click on payments.
- Step 4: If Order is a COD order then click on “COD Transactions and Non-Transactional Fees”. For prepaid order, you need to click on “Electronic Transactions (Credit Card/Net Banking/GC)”.
- Step 5: Paste Order ID in Find a Transaction Field and Click on Search. You will see the payments against this order.
- Step 6: Click on the Total Amount from Transaction View Section. The amount in the blue is the amount that Amazon will transfer to you if the order is not returned by the customer.
- Step 7: Here you can see the details Amazon Fees, Shipping Fees including GST details as well as below.
Now you can see the statement view. You can select the date range (in weeks) to view the statement view of that particular week. By default, the current week is set.
Common reasons sellers have payment questions are when their bank account information is incorrect/missing on Seller Central. As mentioned before, if you recently started selling on Amazon, only the first payment will take 14 days, after which you will be paid every 7-days.
Also, in situations like where your account is under review for validation, there’s a possibility of a delay. After completion of your account validation, you can start selling on Amazon India. Your payment will be processed within the next 14 days.
Amazon India Fees For Selling Products
You pay a little commission to Amazon India on every trade, and the amount varies based on the product type.
Like other eCommerce marketplaces, Amazon India too has its business model for sellers on its platform. You may not pay anything for registration. You pay after you make a sale.
There are primarily three types of Amazon Seller fee that you have to pay:
- Amazon Referral Fee: A certain amount of fee will be charged by Amazon on every sale you make on its platform. This fee is known as the Referral Fee, and it is a predefined percentage of the total sale price and starts at 2%.
- Fixed Closing Fee: Amazon charges an additional fee on top of the referral fee based on the price range.
- Shipping Fee (Easy Ship Weight Handling Fee): Amazon easy ship fee is charged as per the item’s weight. It is calculated based on actual weight or the volumetric weight, whichever is maximum.
Each of these components has been explained below, along with the latest fee structure.
Apart from these, there are additional charges involved when using FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) services which include:
- FBA Pick and Pack Fee
- Storage Fee
- FBA Weight Handling Fee
Return Policy Of Amazon
Returns are the biggest concern for every seller selling on amazon. You can only reduce the number of returns by adding extra packaging, on-time delivery, etc. Still, you cannot achieve a zero percent return rate on amazon seller central.
If a buyer requests a return, Amazon will send you an email that includes the reason for the return. Amazon recommends that you respond to return requests within 24 hours. If the buyer’s request doesn’t comply with Amazon’s return policies, Amazon will tell you in the email.
To process the return request, go to your Manage Returns page, where you can review, authorize or decline requests. To get there from your seller account, click the Orders drop-down menu and then click Manage Returns.
When you approve a buyer’s return request, Amazon sends the buyer a return label with an address. By default, the return label is not prepaid.
Types of products returns
- Customer Returns
- Undeliverable Order Returns
- Rejected orders Returns
Suppose Amazon determines the returned product is still sellable in the same condition as previously listed. In that case, they will automatically place the unit back into your inventory and designated it “Fulfilable.” Amazon credits your Seller Account for all or part of the Referral Fee.
Suppose Amazon determines the unit is damaged or no longer sellable in the same condition as previously listed. In that case, Amazon takes responsibility for the unit’s damage as outlined in the FBA Service Terms. The unit is not added to your inventory. Amazon credits your Seller Account for the product sales price plus applicable taxes and all or part of the Referral Fee.
The Referral Fee amount to be credited to your account will be calculated by the terms of your Selling Agreement.
When returning a product, a buyer can choose their preferred refund method by navigating to the Online Returns Center page.
Suppose the buyer chooses to receive a refund after the item has been shipped to the seller. In that case, it might take an extra 3-5 business days to process the return, followed by the issue of refund.
|Payment Method||Refund Time (as soon as the refund has been processed)||Refund Method|
|Credit card||3 to 5 business days||Credit card|
|Credit card||Immediate||Gift card|
|Debit card||Max. 10 business days||Debit card|
|Checking account||Max. 10 business days||Checking account|
|Amazon gift card||Immediate||Gift card balance|
|Promotional certificate||Not applicable||No issue of refund|
|Amazon gift card & credit card||Reference the above fields for time details||Gift Card Balance or perhaps, both|
|Prepaid credit card||Duration depends on the issuer, which could take a maximum of 30 days||Prepaid credit card|
|Reward points||Max. 5 business days||Reward point balance|
How To Check Returns On Amazon Seller Central
You can check the return report by the following methods.
Check Easy Ship Orders Returns Report
After receiving a return request on Amazon from the buyer, the refund process will be auto authorized for Easy Ship orders. Customers will get an immediate Refund, and the same is deducted from your account.
Here you can follow the steps to check the Easy Ship Orders Returns Report:
- Step 1: For Easy ship orders, return requests can be seen under the Orders. Here click on Manage Returns screen.
- Step 2: For each return order, you will see details like Return Tracking Id, Reason for Return, Time of return, and other details.
Check FBA Orders Returns Report
The product is shipped back to the origin fulfillment center whenever a return request is raised for FBA Orders.
Here you can follow the steps to check the FBA Returns Report:
- Step 1: In the FBA order screen, go to Orders >Manage Order >View FBA Orders.
- Step 2: Though this is not the best way to check for returned orders. As sometimes, if the Order is refunded, it will still not show in the orders section as “Refund Applied.”
- Step 3: So the best way to check the FBA return reports under Reports >Fulfilled By Amazon
- Step 4: On the left side, click on FBA Customer Returns Under Customer Concessions heading.
Advanced Strategies To Grow Your Business On Amazon
Selling on Amazon is not a set-it and forget-it type of business. With the correct data and tools, you can achieve successful growth.
Here we are covering some tips to ensure grow your business on Amazon smoothly, efficiently, and profitably:
Product Listing Management & Optimization
It one of the essential task while selling on Amazon. You need to check in on your listings both within Seller Central and on the live listing regularly. Make sure you have reviewed all your images and description details.
They should appear correctly. Dont forget to answer questions from customers as soon as possible. If they have any issue, try to solve them quickly. Always keep an eye on any recent reviews; it will help improve your product in the future.
You should optimize your PPC campaigns every couple of weeks to ensure you have the highest-performing ads possible.
Dont forget to run search terms reports to get a better understanding of the performance of individual keyword. Now you have enough data to find poorly performing ads. You should remove poorly performing keywords and increase bids on winning ones.
Expanding Your Product Line
Every seller wants to increase its product line. If you have started with a single product or multiple, you may want to continue leveraging your Amazon selling experience.
So you want to expand your product line. You can research product ideas in a similar niche as your existing products by using Keyword tools. It will help you to find high-demand, low-competition keywords.
Branding is the best way to boost sale and product awareness. You can quickly build a loyal customer base to help drive more traffic to your products on Amazon by focusing on your brand.
You need to produce a well-designed quality product with proper packaging. You should promote your products via various social media accounts spread your brand awareness quickly. You should also accomplish brand-registration on Amazon. It helps your brand stand out on Amazon and improve conversion.
You need to have the right balance of inventory to keep up with demand. Don’t supply too many stocks to Amazon’s warehouses.
You should keep about 3 to 6 months’ worth of inventory in Amazon’s warehouse at a time. It will help to monitor your list and also reduce the storage fees.
Run A Competitor Analysis
The first step to promoting your Amazon listing is to understand your competitor. By analyzing the competitor pages correctly, you can understand what the customers want. Additionally, regularly reviewing complementary products can alert you to the best promotional opportunities.
You need to accomplish the following tasks while analyzing your Amazon Competitor:
- Read customer reviews and Q&A for competitor pages. Customers are apparent on their preferences and often can lead you to future product enhancements or ideas.
- Check the competitor’s activities and how often updating product content, pictures, or other content.
- For complementary categories, check Is there an opportunity to cross-promote with them.
- Finally, move quickly. If you see a competitor is out of stock, that may be a good time for you to lower pricing and increase ads.
You need to track your Amazon account health. Make sure that your business is in compliance with Amazon’s Terms of Service.
You should prevent any risk of account suspension. and always obey the product policies. You have to avoid any product authenticity or safety complaints. You should focus on providing positive overall customer service.
In this article, we have covered a detailed guide on Sell On Amazon India In 2022. You can follow the steps and create your store and start selling online.
Amazon is India’s largest online marketplace and has the kind of reach to customers that is almost impossible to imagine. It has more than 10 lakh Amazon sellers. Imagine getting access to millions of customers the moment you make your product live on Amazon.
India is among the most prominent nations on the planet. Using a population of over 1.3 billion, it has been an excellent chance for ecommerce companies that wish to go into a new sector. Ecommerce demand in India is skyrocketing, using online retail earnings predicted to double from $20.6 billion in 2017 to $40.8 billion in 2020. This growth is fueled by the over 560 million active net users in India, that are online looking for bargains, products, and online services.
There will be many ups and downs but believe in your product, continuing your journey, making tough decisions if required, and moving on.
If you have any questions, ask us in the comment section below.
FAQs To Know Before Sell On Amazon India in 2022
Here you can check some important FAQs related to Sell On Amazon India in 2022 .
Here check the FAQs on Amazon Advertising to know before Sell On Amazon India.
Can I register on Amazon without GST?
Yes, you canregister and sell on Amazon. But you can sell gst exempt products like books only. It would help if you had GST registration start selling on Amazon India all products.
However, you can temporarily skip the GST information during the registration process and provide it later once you have it. But you will not be allowed to list or sell any products until you have submitted GST details.
I don’t have any company or sole proprietorship, only an individual PAN Card. Can I get GST?
Yes, you can register for GST based on your individual PAN Card. If you are doing business in your name, it is basically a sole proprietorship.
I don’t have any registered business. What should I fill in Business Name?
You should enter Company Name or Business Name same as that on your PAN Card and GSTIN Document. If you are using your individual PAN Number, it should be your name exactly as printed on PAN and GST documents.
Can I give a different pick up address, other than the company address?
Yes, You Can Give A Different Pickup Location.
If my pin code is not eligible for amazon easy ship then what is the other alternative?
If easy ship services are not available at your pincode, you can use self ship or you can opt for Fulfilment By Amazon (FBA).
How much does it cost to sell on Amazon India?
Seller registration, product listing on amazon are free. However, Amazon will charge a small fee for every product sale. This fee will depend on the category and sub-category of the product.
How Long Does Amazon take to pay you?
The first payment will take 14 days after which sellers will be paid every 7 days.
How do I promote my product on Amazon?
Amazon sponsored products are a way to advertise products on amazon. Using amazon sponsored products sellers can showcase their products to relevant shoppers and thus increase sales on amazon
How to become a Amazon Prime Seller?
To become an amazon prime seller, you must register for amazon FBA. Amazon FBA is an Amazon program where amazon seller stores its inventory at one of the Amazon fulfillment centers. Amazon will store, pick, pack and deliver products to customers on the seller’s behalf.
What is SKU?
SKU stands stock keeping unit. It is used to manage inventory. You can use alphabets, number or a combination of both to create an SKU. If you left the SKU field empty a unique SKU will be auto-generated for you.
What is the difference between a seller and a vendor on Amazon?
Sellers sell products directly to Amazon customers. If you manage your products in Seller Central, you’re a seller.
Vendors sell their items directly to Amazon, who then sells them to customers. If you manage your products in Vendor Central, you’re a vendor.
What products can I sell on Amazon?
You can sell items in the following categories:
Apparel, Automotive, Baby Products, Batteries, Beauty, Books, Consumables, Consumer Electronics (including Cameras and Video Games – Consoles), Digital Accessories (including Mobile Accessories, Electronics Accessories and PC Accessories), Groceries, Home, Jewelery, Kitchen, Luggage, Mobile Phones, Movies, Musical Instruments, Office and Stationary, Personal Care Appliances, Personal Computers, Pet Supplies, Software, Shoes and Handbags, Tablets, Toys, Video games (consoles and games) and Watches.
Who takes care of packaging?
Packaging depends on your which fulfillment option you use to deliver your products. With FBA, we take care of packaging your product in a delivery box. With Easy Ship and Self Ship, you will have to take care of packaging, and you can purchase Amazon packaging material.
can an individual sell on amazon india?
Yes they can. They should have PAN Card, GST number and a bank account.
Amazon Advertising FAQs
Here check the FAQs on Amazon Advertising to know Before Sell On Amazon India.
What is Amazon Advertising?
Amazon Advertising offers a range of options to help you achieve your advertising goals to registered sellers, vendors, book vendors, Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) authors, app developers, and/or agencies (refer to each product’s page for eligibility criteria).
How does Amazon Advertising work?
To get started with self-service advertising products, including Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brands, Sponsored Display, and Stores, visit the Register page and choose one of the options to enroll.
What is display advertising?
Display ads are banners or images that appear on websites. Display advertising is available through Sponsored Display or Amazon DSP.
How much does Sponsored Display advertising cost?
Sponsored Display ads are purchased on a CPC (cost-per-click) basis. There is no minimum ad investment required. Advertisers choose their daily bid and budget. Bids automatically adjust based on likelihood of conversion, while still allowing you to change your bid or pause your campaign.
Where will my Sponsored Brands ads appear?
Your ads may be displayed on top of, alongside or within shopping results. Ads may appear on both desktop and mobile.
How much does Sponsored Brands cost?
With CPC ads such as Sponsored Brands, you bid the maximum amount that you are willing to pay when a shopper clicks an ad for your product. The more competitive your bid, the more likely your ad is to be displayed when it matches a shopping query.
Amazon Seller Fees and Charges FAQs
Here check the FAQs on Seller Fees and Charges to know before Sell On Amazon India.
Is There Any Fee To Register On Amazon Or Listing The Products?
Seller Registration to sell on Amazon and Listing of your products are absolutely free. You only pay a commission after every sale through Amazon. Every product category has a different commission fee. Apart from that, few other charges are applied when you sell a product.
What are different fees that Amazon charges?
The different types of fees applicable for an Amazon Seller.
Referral Fees: Starts at 2%, varies based on product category
Closing Fees: starts at ₹ 2, Varies by product price range
Weight Handling Fees: starts at Rs. 28 per item shipped, varies by item volume & distance
Other Fees: Only applicable for certain Fulfillment Channel, programs or services
Can I cancel my account?
You can stop selling at any time. If you have availed any paid Amazon services, contact seller support from the bottom any Seller Central page to get them removed.
How and when do I get paid?
You are eligible to get paid for the order 7 days after the order is delivered. Amazon ensures payment for your sales (minus the Amazon Seller fees) is deposited securely into your bank account every 7 days, including your Pay on Delivery orders.
Managing Amazon Seller Account FAQs
FAQs on Managing Seller Account to know before Sell On Amazon India.
How can I list a product that do not have barcodes?
If The Product You Sell Does Not Have A Barcode Or A Global Trade Item Number (GTIN), You Can Request A GTIN Exemption To Sell Your Products On Amazon. Once We Have Reviewed And Approved Your Application, You Will Be Able To List Your Products.
Amazon India FBA FAQs
FAQs on Amazon India FBA to know before Sell On Amazon India.
What is Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)?
With Fulfillment by Amazon, (FBA) you store your products in Amazon’s warehouse, and we pack and deliver the orders to customers, provide customer service and handle returns.
To put it simply, fulfillment of an order means making sure the order gets to the customer after it has been placed. This includes packaging, sorting and shipping the product. If a seller chooses to have Amazon fulfill the orders for their product, this is known as Fulfilment by Amazon or FBA.
Here are some of the pros to using Amazon FBA:
The brand tag of “Fulfilled by Amazon”
The speed of shipping
Amazon Prime Service
What are the categories in which I can use FBA?
You can sell items in the following categories: Baby Products, Beauty, Books, Consumer Electronics (including Cameras and Video Games – Consoles), Digital Accessories (including Mobile Accessories, Electronics Accessories and PC Accessories), Home, Jewellery, Kitchen, Luggage, Mobile Phones, Movies, Personal Care Appliances, Personal Computers, Tablets, Toys, Video games (consoles and games), and Watches. More categories are coming soon.
Do I need a list of minimum number of items to sell on Amazon India FBA?
To sell on Amazon India FBA, there is no minimum number of items required.
Do you use a minimum weight or the actual weight of products shipped using FBA?
Fulfillment by Amazon uses the exact weight to the nearest 500 grams.
Who takes care of shipping while selling on Amazon India?
This depends on which fulfillment option you use to deliver your products. With FBA & Easy Ship, Amazon will handle the delivery of products to customers (and returns). When you choose Self-ship, you will deliver the products yourself where you can use third party courier services or your own delivery associates (for Local Shops)